Monday, January 19, 2009

The Jack Line

Once upon a time,
There was The Jack Line...

I had this wacky idea a few years ago while playing with the band Jack Mystery.  I thought, wouldnt it be funny/awkward and totally different to have a dedicated phone line for people to call and leave messages on?  Well, i spent a little free time on it and came up with a rather geeky PSTN - VOIP method of doing just that.  I simply got a free Washington State phone number and had the calls forwarded to a free GizmoProject account, then the messages were sent to a Gmail account and after all that, I had a script set up on the actual Jack Mystery website (no longer publicly accessible) to search the Gmail inbox RSS feed and automagically post the voicemails to the Jack Line portion of our website.

I know, genius.

Anyway, so i was suddenly reminded of it today and have decided to post a few.

most of them are completely ridiculous:




While we were actually playing live
One and Two

"You Guys Are Good" super enthusiastic huh?

and last but certainly not least...

Flat Tire is my absolute favorite we ever got, and we got a hell of a lot more than these!

Anyway, I have been thinking about doing something similar to this recently.  More in the direction of letting people vent/bitch to the internet.  I mean, thats mostly what we use blogs, twitter, myspace and all for right?

-jonathan

No comments:

Qik

Live or Latest Video from My iPhone.