Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The album “Swim” coming soon!

Howdy folks, just wanted to post up a quick item here and let it be known that my album of brooding indie rock tunes will be released in July. I Don’t have an exact date yet, still some finalization going on with it (mixing, “mastering” (cause you know, what exactly IS mastering in this age of digital distribution?) ).

In a lot of ways this record was being written for the past three years. More in a metaphorical sense, i didn't actually start writing the parts until October, 2010. I had a lot of “focus” time while living in the in the hills of West Virginia. Time to think, for introspection and the philosophy of cause and effect. What does that mean? I dont know, im just a vague artist with 50 minutes of half thought/wholly felt emotions and instrumental intentions.

Having said all that, I also wanted to share this here music video I did for an acoustic version of the song titled “Desperation” which is a track from the album.



P.S. About the name “Swim”;

I chose this name because of some deep thought i was having about the human condition and all that. If you were stranded out in the middle of the ocean, alone, with no reason to believe there was any help on the way. Would you swim? Or would you just sink on down into the watery depths of the sea? So really, the album’s name is an answer to that multiple choice question. It is just in our nature to swim, and this is me swimming.

No comments:

Qik

Live or Latest Video from My iPhone.